Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends! I imagine this week will be filled with stuffing turkeys, cleaning the house, and cringing at having to sit beside Great Aunt Bessie who spits when she talks. And don’t forget the shopping.
Yes, Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is often the official kickoff to Christmas shopping.
Do you have your list? Have you checked it twice? Are you flyers sorted, circled and prioritized? That’s what my mom used to do every Friday night to prepare for garage sale cruising on Saturday morning. She had strategy. We had a plan: get in, get what you came for, get out.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t like big crowds. Especially aggressive crowds who have been waiting in line since finishing the last slice of pumpkin pie and are hopped up on sugar, caffeine, and the rush of getting a steal of a deal. That’s why, this time of year, I like to do all of my shopping online.
Why venture out into the cold weather at an ungodly hour of the “morning” (I don’t call anything morning unless it’s after 7 a.m. …), when you can play Santa from the comfort of your couch wrapped up in your Snuggie. And while you’re buying something for everyone else, why don’t you get yourself something nice? You deserve it!
I want to help take the stress out of your holiday shopping. No, I’m not offering to do it for you. But, I bet a $150 Amazon gift card would help, wouldn’t it?
Here’s your task:
- If you had $150 to spend on yourself at Amazon.com or Amazon.ca, what would you buy?
- Go to www.amazon.com (or Canadians, www.amazon.ca … I know, I know, it’s US Thanksgiving, but I live near the US border, so I deem Canadians eligible to play too. )
- Surf around in your favorite areas and pick out what you’d hypothetically buy.
- Tell/and or show (with a link) what you’d get in comments below. Don’t forget to tell us all why!
Possibilities are endless.
What would you spend $150 on?
- Perhaps one of the Best Books of 2013? Amazon picked Nora Roberts’ Whiskey Beach as their top Romance pick of the year! Have you read it yet? I haven’t. I better put it on my wish list! Of course, there’s a couple books out there by this new romance author *cough cough*. She’s had some pretty good reviews. People seem to like her work. *cough cough* (it’s me). And since you’d have $150 to spend, why not check out the Kindle selection? I love my Kindle Paperwhite. It’s backlit so I don’t risk falling out of bed trying to turn my bedside lamp in my sleepy book-drunk haze.
- Maybe you’re looking for a personal chef?? While I don’t think there are hunky chefs available on Amazon (oh, how I wish there were…), maybe a slow cooker would help to minimize your time in the kitchen and maximize your time with your family, or for yourself in the bathtub with a great book! There are so many great recipes for slow cookers. I use mine for everything from spaghetti squash to jambalaya (yum yum!)
- Or, maybe you want something totally luxurious, just for you cause hey, it’s not your money, right? Maybe a beautiful sparkly necklace for you to give to your hubby or boyfriend to wrap up to give to you at Christmas? Because, bless their hearts, sometimes men just don’t get what a woman wants.
I’m really looking forward to see what you all “spend”! While there can only be one winner, this might help to spur your wish list, because, if you’re like me, you tell everyone you don’t know what you want for Christmas, to not get you anything…and then on December 23rd you come up with some fabulous ideas and everyone gets mad at you because you didn’t tell them sooner. *bats eyelashes innocently*
So, my friends, get “shopping”! Have a great time and come on back and comment with what you would buy with $150 on Amazon. Don’t forget to share the links so I know you’ve done your homework!
I’ll pick one winner at random on Wednesday November 26th at 11pm EST. Stay tuned because I want to make sure you contact me quickly so I can send you your gift card and you can do all your Black Friday shopping online! I’ll also be posting the winner’s name on my Facebook page if you want to tune in there.
On your mark…